Travel and Flow Retreat
Limited spots available!
A week of exploration and grounding, this retreat is designed to balance the exciting experience of international travel with a foundational morning and evening “flow” (yoga/pilates/barre) practice to frame the days with self care. Yoga means union. As travelers and as yogis we will seek to find union with the places in which we are practicing. Through local cultural and culinary experiences we will connect with our surroundings. We will open to new learning and return to ourselves in reflection. This is a chance to build international connections and fully enjoy late summer just off the Tuscan path.
Lizzano in Belvedere, Italy.
We will spend the week in a holiday home and winery right in the middle of the Tuscany and Emilia Romagna regions in Italy. The daily schedule will consist of two “flow” classes (one morning, one evening) and daily group activities on Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Thursday as well as a day of rest on Wednesday and free time Friday. Expect something new every time as each session is catered to students’ needs. Find deep release via active stretching and rapid strengthening of the muscles through a mix of yoga, Pilates and ballet-inspired micro-movement techniques + an occasional introduction to simple meditation. We will share a large countryside villa and a fresh locally-inspired menu: light salad bar style meals will be provided for breakfast and dinner. We will eat lunch on our own, during select events/activities, or outside the house (a local guide will be provided).
What to expect:
- private setting, group support, variety of styles offered, 2 daily meals included, transportation can be arranged, excursions included, one full week, group size 12-14, diversity of practice (yoga, barre, Pilates, meditation available), cultural activities, local cuisine, natural surroundings and more
Getting There: The 2021 retreat will be held in Lizzano in Belvedere, Italy, located within train’s distance from Bologna, Milan, Venice, and Rome airports. If you’re nervous about navigating, transportation can be arranged. Comment below with any booking questions. We are here to make your experience as easy as possible.
- Closest cities: Milan, Bologna, Florence
- Closest train station: Porretta
Saturday (check in from 3 pm)
Introduction + yoga 18:30-20:00 | Welcome dinner 20:00-22:00
Tea 7:30-8:00 | practice 8:00-9:00 | breakfast 9:00-10:30 | activity 11:00-17:00 (lunch break during) | practice 18:30-19:30 | dinner 19:30-21:00
Optional: Sunrise Hike
Tea 9:30-10:00 | catered brunch 10:00-12:00 | free time | practice 18:30-19:30 | dinner 19:30-21:00
Tea 7:30-8:00 | yoga/barre 8:00-9:00 | breakfast 9:00-10:30 | activity 11:00-17:00 (lunch break during) | yoga 18:30-19:30 | dinner 19:30-21:00 | optional: nidra 21:30-22
Tea 7:30-8:00 | flow 8:00-9:00 | breakfast 9:00-10:30 | activity 11:00-17:00 (lunch break during) | flow 18:30-19:30 | dinner 19:30-21:00 | optional: nidra 21:30-22
Tea 7:30-8:00 | flow 8:00-9:00 | breakfast 9:00-10:30 | free time | yoga 18:30-19:30 | farewell dinner 19:30-21:30
Tea 7:30-8:00 | Breakfast 8:00-9:30 | check out 10 am
- Activities will include: a cooking class, winery tour and tasting, village tour(s)/shopping, sunrise/set hike(s) and more
- Pool access onsite + bikes for hire
- By balancing activities with free time and wellness with adventure, you will find a fulfilling and renewing experience at Travel + Flow Retreat
Vegetarian/Vegan-Friendly Whole Food Breakfast & Salad Bar Provided:
Sample menu – breakfast: buffet-style daily
local produce, bread/grains, coffee, juices, milks and tea, eggs, yoghurt, and cheese.
Lunch on own/during activities: your opportunity to try some local cuisine (recommendations provided, food available on site)
Every evening we will offer a locally-based salad bar – fresh produce and grains, cheeses, nuts, water and wine
We will enjoy three catered meals by the Borgo – a pizza night, a brunch and a three course dinner. We will also prepare fresh pasta ourselves as part of the cooking class.
Coffee and assorted teas available at all times.
The price of the week-long retreat is 815-900€. This includes:
- 7 nights shared accommodation with wifi, linens, pool access, local taxes incl.
- daily breakfast and dinner (vegetarian, vegan/GF-friendly salad bar)
- unlimited coffee and tea
- 12+ flow classes
- 2+ meditation sessions
- 4+ excursions (incl. 1 cooking class, wine tasting + two more activities)
- 3 catered meals
- Welcome kit with local guide
* A 100€ deposit secures your place and will be applied to your first invoice. Payments can be made through Paypal online by clicking the links (in pink!). Please indicate your preferred payment option in the PayPal note section. Upon receiving your deposit, Grace will follow up with an email invoice corresponding to your chosen payment plan. You will also receive an email with a waiver from Graceintheworld LLC as well as more detailed information about the retreat, support/guidance regarding getting to/from Borgo Pianello, etc. Please direct any further questions to email@example.com OR comment below.
Payment options to fit your needs.
100€ deposit (applied to your first payment) + 715-800€
Pay in full
- 10% discount
- 100€ deposit + one time payment of 715€ (at booking)
- Strict cancellation policy: cancel within 48 hours to receive a full refund.
- 5% discount
- half to book, half August first
- 100€ deposit + 2 payments: 330€ (at booking) + 430€ August 1
- Flexible Cancellation policy: cancel within 30 days for full refund, within 90 days for 50% refund. No refunds for bookings made after 1 September 2020. Graceintheworld LLC will follow up with payment requests via Paypal invoices which are due within 7 days.
Pay in 4 monthly installments
- early bird option: only available until June first
- 100€ deposit + 125€ June 1 + 3 payments of 225€: July 1, August 1 & September 1
I have been practicing yoga for 12 years. After a car accident left me injured both physically and emotionally ten years ago, it was barre and yoga that offered comprehensive healing. In 2016, I added a 200-hour yoga teacher training in Rishikesh, India to my eight years of barre teaching experience. I have taught over 2,000 barre, yoga and mat pilates classes in studios from San Francisco to Montana to Paris and beyond. My visits to more than 50 countries (and counting) inform my life and practice. In my classes, you can expect something new every time as each session is catered to student’s needs. Find deep release via active stretching and rapid strengthening of the muscles through a mix of yoga, Pilates and ballet-inspired micro-movement techniques. Expect attention to detail, a focus on developing body awareness and an occasional introduction to simple meditation techniques.